Already ordered Starlink? You can check the status of delivery by signing into your account. Starlink kits are usually shipped within two weeks. Users will receive an email with tracking number of courier so they can track status. The kit will include Starlink, WiFi router/power supply, cables, and base. There will be a manual to help you set it up as well. Download the Starlink app to identify the install location, set up hardware, verify your WiFi and troubleshoot connectivity issues. You can also receive alerts for service related issues.
Starlink is billed on a month to month basis. Users can cancel the service anytime by signing into their account. Generally, billing begins 14 days from the day Starlink kit is shipped. To cancel the service, navigate to the Account page and click on ‘Cancel Service’. To edit and manage payment information, navigate to the ‘Billing’ tab where you can enter new card details.
Coming to return policy, Starlink allows users to return the kit within 30 days. Just pack the box in the original condition and request for refund. Shipping labels will be sent to your email. You will need to print and attach the labels on the outside of the box. Refunds to your account can take up to 10 days after it is processed. Visit the Support page to read frequently asked questions on payment, billing, refund or general troubleshooting. If you are unable to resolve an issue and have a dispute, you can write to [email protected] for help.
Can You Cancel Starlink Internet?
For many, the fact that Starlink comes with no cancellation fees is one of the biggest draws to the service. Many customers who want to trial satellite internet providers, such as HughesNet, find within a few months that it is not what they had hoped for. They then try to cancel and find that their 2-year contract means hefty monthly fines if they cancel early.
This is true for many internet services, satellite and otherwise. Even some cable and fiber companies will require 1 or 2 year contracts that come with fines if you cancel early. Starlink’s cancel any time policy gives customers the ease of mind of knowing that they aren’t stuck with this service forever. If you cancel within 30 days, you can even get refunded for your equipment fee. If you wait longer than 30 days, you’ll get stuck with the $499 equipment fee, but you’ll own it for life.
What this means is that you can turn your Starlink service on and off as you wish. If you’re not going to be home for a few months, you can cancel your service, and then turn it back on right before you return. This is a smart way of saving hundreds of dollars. Satellite internet plans that require a contract make this impossible, but with Starlink, cancelling is much easier and cheaper.
Complete Guide to Cancel and Delete Starlink
There are a few things you must do and know before canceling subscriptions. They are:
- Once you subscribe to a plan and you don’t cancel it manually like you subscribed, that plan will renew automatically because you gave the permission.
- When you subscribe for a trial period and then you cancel, you run the risk of losing that trial content altogether.
- You must remember to manually cancel a subscription 24 hours before the trial period ends.
We have made it super easy to cancel Starlink subscription at the root to avoid any and all mediums “SpaceX” (the developer) uses to bill you. Now let us get into the crux of this guide.
How to Cancel Starlink Subscription on your iPhone or iPad.
- First, open the settings app and tap on your name.
- Then, tap on the “Subscriptions” tab. (Note that you might not automatically see this tab. In that case, tap on iTunes & Appstore)
- Next, tap on your Apple ID. View Apple ID then sign in and scroll down to the “Subscriptions” button.
- Next, tap on Starlink (subscription) you want to review.
- Now, Tap on Cancel. (Note that if you don’t see a “Cancel Subscription” button for Starlink, then it’s definitely canceled already. It won’t be renewed anymore).
How to Cancel Starlink Subscription on your Android device
To cancel Starlink subscription on Android, you need to realize that deleting the Starlink app alone won’t cut it. Follow the steps below:
- First, open the Google Play Store. If you have multiple Google accounts, be sure you’re signed into the right one.
- Click on menu, then go to “Subscriptions”.
- Choose the Starlink subscription you wish to cancel and tap on the “Cancel Subscription” option.
- Finish up as directed.
Once your Starlink subscription has been removed from Google Play, your future subscriptions will be cancelled and won’t be renewed anymore.
How do I remove my Card from Starlink?
Removing card details from Starlink if you subscribed directly is very tricky. Very few websites allow you to remove your card details. So you will have to make do with some few tricks before and after subscribing on websites in the future.
How to Cancel Starlink Subscription on a Mac computer.
To cancel Starlink subscription on your Mac, do the following:
- First open the Mac App Store, then click on your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click on the “View Information” tab at the top of the window and sign in if asked to do so.
- Scroll down on the next page shown to you until you see the “Subscriptions” tab then click on “Manage”.
- Click “Edit” beside the Starlink app and then click on “Cancel Subscription”.
Note: Always make sure to use the exact username and ID you used to set up the subscription to manage that subscription when necessary. This is sometimes different from the Apple ID or Android brand ID you have set up.
If you don’t remember your password however, contact the App for help/to reset password.
How to Cancel Starlink Subscription on Paypal.
To cancel your Starlink subscription on PayPal, do the following:
- First log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com .
- Click on the settings tab which is beside the logout option.
- Press “Payments” from the menu provided to you and click on “Manage Automatic Payments” in the Automatic Payments dashboard.
- You’ll be shown a series of merchants’ agreement you’ve transacted before. Click on “Starlink” or “SpaceX” to cancel.
- You will be shown a confirmation page. Click on the “Cancel Automatic Payments” tab to affirm that you want to stop making payments to Starlink.
- Then click “Done” on the verification page to complete the unsubscription.
What to do if you subscribed directly on Starlink’s website?
Here’s how to cancel your Starlink subscription when billed through a payments provider that is not the Appstore, Playstore or Paypal.
Sometimes, you may start a subscription directly on a company’s website without using an extra layer of security like Paypal or Apple. To unsubscribe, you might have to sign into Starlink’s website or directly reach out to their payments provider.
Generally, here are some steps you can take if you find yourself in that fix:
- Finding the company’s information, then reach out to them directly:
- Visit the website of Starlink. Click to visit.
- Login to your account.
- In the menu section, look for any of the following: “Billing”, “Subscription”, “Payment”, “Manage account”, “Settings”.
- Click the link, then follow the prompts to cancel your subscription.
How to delete Starlink account
You might have created an account on Starlink during the course of using the app. Many apps make it so easy to signup but a nightmare to delete your account. We try to make it easier but since we don’t have information for every app, we can only do our best.
Bonus: How to Delete Starlink from your iPhone or Android.
Delete Starlink from iPhone.
To delete Starlink from your iPhone, Follow these steps:
- On your homescreen, Tap and hold Starlink until it starts shaking.
- Once it starts to shake, you’ll see an X Mark at the top of the app icon.
- Click on that X to delete the Starlink app from your phone.
Go to Settings and click on General then click on “iPhone Storage”. You will then scroll down to see the list of all the apps installed on your iPhone. Tap on the app you want to uninstall and delete the app.
For iOS 11 and above:
Go into your Settings and click on “General” and then click on iPhone Storage. You will see the option “Offload Unused Apps”. Right next to it is the “Enable” option. Click on the “Enable” option and this will offload the apps that you don’t use.
Delete Starlink from Android
- First open the Google Play app, then press the hamburger menu icon on the top left corner.
- After doing these, go to “My Apps and Games” option, then go to the “Installed” option.
- You’ll see a list of all your installed apps on your phone.
- Now choose Starlink, then click on “uninstall”.
- Also you can specifically search for the app you want to uninstall by searching for that app in the search bar then select and uninstall.